Blog Post: June 19, 2019
Shaddock Caldwell custom homes are built to be Energy Star certified. We build our homes using Green Mountain Energy’s 100% wind generated and high caliber pollution free energy.
Stay cool while conserving energy this summer. With some small, easy steps, you can be kind to the planet by reducing CO2 emissions and helping lower your electricity bill. Ready to live even greener and save some green along the way? We’ll show you how.
- Set your thermostat four degrees higher and enjoy your ceiling fan.
- Invest in a smart thermostat to help with efficiency.
- Tilt your blinds to direct sunlight toward the ceiling.
- Replace air filters, unblock vents and clean around your outside A/C unit.
- Seal gaps in windows, doors and air ducts.
- Unplug infrequently used electronics.
- Wash clothes and dishes at night, and ensure loads are full.
- Switch to energy-efficient LED lighting.